students-working-hard_1098-327

Working as a Career Ready Ambassador at Career Ready involves assisting students to connect with programs and services that will build their employability. Here are 6 reasons why I love my role.

1. Working with People: Working in Career Ready gives me the opportunity to interact with people all day. Students come from a range of different backgrounds applying for a range of different jobs. I find it interesting hearing about their ambitions and life experiences and helping them to achieve their goals.

2. It’s Different Everyday: I love being a Student Employability Ambassador (SEA)because it never gets boring. I work all around the university with opportunities to attend events off campus as well.

3. New Experiences: Being a SEA has given me the opportunity to gain new skills. I now have experience in marketing, blog writing, resume and cover letter checking and even appeared in an advertisement. These are all new and fun experiences that I’m now able to put on my own resume.

4. Team Environment: I have found that Career Ready is a fantastic place to work. I am part of a friendly and organised team that really supports me at work and encourages me with my studies too.

5. My Own Employability and Personal Growth: Working in an environment where I am always helping fellow students develop their resumes keeps employability in the forefront of my mind. I have increased the amount of volunteering I have been doing and am more aware of opportunities in my field. This experience has really made me excited for the future after my studies, particularly with the introduction of Career Ready Advantage.

6. Working at La Trobe: One of the most fantastic parts of being a SEA is being part of the community here at La Trobe. La Trobe offers flexible work hours that fit around my classes, which allows me to balance work around being a full time student. It has also given me the opportunity to connect with people around the University I wouldn’t have otherwise met.

We are available for you to drop-in or you can book an appointment with us here. For more information about our services and for drop-in times please visit our website.

Interested in becoming a SEA? We are advertising now!

We look forward to seeing you at Career Ready!

Julia, Career Ready Ambassador