Performing well at interviews
Most people feel nervous about job interviews. However, preparation, practice and experience can make a huge difference to the way you feel and perform in an interview setting. Find out about employers’ expectations of interviews and take some time to consider preparation strategies.
1. Get an overview
2. Find out more
- Boosting your chances of success at a job interview (CareerOne video)
- No surprises – preparing for interviews (SevenArts video, La Trobe Library)
- Tips to beat interview nerves
- A graduate’s guide to the ins and outs of behavioural interviews
Types of interviews
- How to ace that PHONE interview
- How to ace that VIDEO interview
- How to ace that GROUP interview (SevenArts video, La Trobe Library)
3. Take action
Practice your interview technique using Big Interview. Big Interview is an online video system available to La Trobe students that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
Big Interview contains:
- Virtual mock-interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
HOW TO REGISTER
For La Trobe University students only
STEP 1: Go to latrobe.biginterview.com and click “Register”.
STEP 2: Complete registration process
STEP 3: You’ll then receive a confirmation email at your La Trobe email address. Click “Verify” in the email, and you’ll be able to start using Big Interview.
If you are not a La Trobe student, you can register to use the Big Interview here.