A cover letter is usually sent out with your resume and other documents as part of a job application. Its purpose is to introduce to you an employer. To make a positive impression, you’ll need to tailor it to each organisation and role you apply for.
1. Get an overview
2. Find out more
- Read a quick guide to effective cover letters
- Watch this short video from CareerOne on cover letter tips
- Review this cover-letter-example
3. Take action
Complete an online search for a job that you can would like to apply for now, or in the future.
- Draft and finalise a cover letter that uses the 4 paragraph approach and is tailored to the role and organisation.
- Take some time to reflect. How long did it take to put together? What was easiest? What was hardest? How much lead-time will you allow for writing cover letters in the future?