Creating a career path
These days, careers are complex and involve managing your own pathway, researching your options, responding to change and making decisions throughout your life around how, where and when you’ll work.
You’ll probably spend a lot of your life at work – so it makes sense to create a career path that has meaning for you, and aligns with your unique mix of interests, values and strengths.
This course will help you to explore – and begin creating – a suitable career path through:
- understanding the changing nature of work
- knowing yourself well
- updating your knowledge on your study and job options
- actively seeking out opportunities to develop skills, work experience and connections with your profession
- making choices that are right for you
- navigating change and unexpected events by being persistent, resilient and flexible.
Next: Getting started