Making career decisions
Your career will involve all kinds of decisions around study, gaining work experience, developing skills and finding a job.
Knowing about different decision-making styles and strategies will help you to:
- weigh up career options throughout your life
- make informed, confident choices about study, work and change.
1. Get an overview
2. Find out more
The decision-making process
- Did you know that decision making is largely about locus of control?
- Find out how emotion shapes decision-making
- Mark Zuckerberg wears the same thing every day—should you? Learn about managing decision fatigue.
- Discover 3 simple decision-making tools
- Understand how to make career decisions
- See what Spencer Greenberg says about Making Really Hard Decisions
3. TAKE ACTION
Now apply what you’ve learnt in this topic to your own career interests and situation by completing the following activities.
Assess your own decision making style.
- Reflect on your findings.
- Thinking about recent or current career decisions, is your approach working for you, or against you?
- What are some new strategies you might try? Who or what could help you?