Using social media
Using social media is an important part of seeking work and managing your career. Here’s an overview of some key activities using social media.
1. Get an overview
2. Find out more
- Social media fail (video produced by La Trobe students on social media tips – things to avoid!)
- Managing your e-image (CareerOne video)
- Find out how graduates can use social-media-in-job-hunting
3. Take Action – Using Linkedin
The following activities will help you to further your understanding of this topic. Click on the check box when you complete the activity.
Read the Student Job Hunting Handbook Series from LinkedIn
Put yourself on LinkedIn.
- Set up your own profile.
- Include a photo, a meaningful headline and key words.
- Start exploring the features of LinkedIn
- Some tips on Learning to use LinkedIn like a Pro
- Read about the 10 LinkedIn Tips for Students & New Grads